Sunday, April 29, 2012

Frustration Friday

Friday was frustrating!
After taking Thursday off from a Kraam to do my Lactation Course I returned to a family to find that instead of the baby breastfeeding beautifully, ( which was the case when I left), the baby was feeding from a bottle.
The midwife had visited when I was away and had informed the mother that giving breast milk from the bottle was the same as feeding from the breast!
This is not true as babies feeding from the breast receive a better transfer of antigens as well as giving the mother protection against cancer.
Other things were said too which were incorrect and left me feeling frustrated.
I now have to build up the mothers confidence in order to try to feed again from the breast.
I will let you know the outcome.............

No comments:

Post a Comment